Preseason

Re: Preseason

Postby DComeaux » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:58 am

Rick wrote:You can forget about Indawoods visiting if you don't get the games.

I'm sure we'll get invites from the neighbors like last year to go over and watch the games, but all I need is score updates and I'm good.
DComeaux

Postby Rick » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:27 pm

Don't text and drive.
Rick

Postby Rick » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:45 am

Was in a time bind when I posted that, but had just checked my phone after finding it dead and recharging. Always best to call, which you may have tried, as mine's a $15 crack dealer throw-away flip phone it's a bear to answer texts with, unless "yes" or "no" will suffice.

Hope things are going your way down there. Duckiest thing I got to do yesterday was service my Go-Devil, but that's a start...
Rick

Postby DComeaux » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:04 pm

Rick wrote:Don't text and drive.

HAHAHA! Voice text is a nice thing.

I did my thing yesterday afternoon and drove home this morning to cut the hay in my yard. I'm sitting here watching duck hunting programs. Went through Avian-x, RNT-V, mojo outdoors(oh my the teal) and now Honey break. I really like this time of year. My fever is rising.
DComeaux

Postby Rick » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:54 pm

DComeaux wrote:...and now Honey break.

When I saw they get $975 a day, I figured either I'd seen the wrong youtubes or hookers are involved. Lots of hookers.
Rick

Postby Ericdc » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:16 pm

Rick wrote:

When I saw they get $975 a day, I figured either I'd seen the wrong youtubes or hookers are involved. Lots of hookers.

The show has gotten better and they've got some good ground, but you're paying for world class accommodations and food.

Not exactly a working man type camp like Doug's.

I wouldn't know about any other "perks", but the guides seem like good down to earth guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ericdc

Postby DComeaux » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:00 pm

Ericdc wrote:
Rick wrote:

The show has gotten better and they've got some good ground, but you're paying for world class accommodations and food.

Not exactly a working man type camp like Doug's.

I wouldn't know about any other "perks", but the guides seem like good down to earth guys.

That's it in a nutshell.... I doubt I'd feel comfortable in that environment.
DComeaux

Postby Rick » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:57 am

DComeaux wrote:... I doubt I'd feel comfortable in that environment.

Yeah, if ever there was a time and place when a fella's peas might take a fit to roll off his fork...
Rick

Postby DComeaux » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:33 pm

Rick wrote:
DComeaux wrote:... I doubt I'd feel comfortable in that environment.

Yeah, if ever there was a time and place when a fella's peas might take a fit to roll off his fork...

:lol:

I cut my yard (3 acres) twice this weekend, at different levels. Also cut my sons yard (1.5 acres). St Augustine was tall and thick so I had to mulch as well. THIS RAIN HAS GOT TO STOP! We haven't had rain here since Wednesday, and dodged some storms yesterday evening, it's drying up nicely. Hope this trend continues.

The love bugs are out in force right now. Took some time to get em off my truck and wife's suv this evening. I haven't seen em this thick in a couple-a-three years.... Duck migration will be on this year, boys! :D It's a sign....
DComeaux

Postby Ericdc » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:40 pm

Yea we've missed a few rains in last couple days and it's helped dry out the yard and my gravel driveway a lot. Just hope it'll start drying out for my loggers.

Ericdc

Postby Rick » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:32 am

DComeaux wrote:The love bugs are out in force right now. Took some time to get em off my truck and wife's suv this evening. I haven't seen em this thick in a couple-a-three years.... Duck migration will be on this year, boys! :D It's a sign....

I thought we were looking for all black woolly worms, but if it's love bugs, brace yourselves.
Rick

Postby Rick » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:34 am

Ericdc wrote:Yea we've missed a few rains in last couple days and it's helped dry out the yard and my gravel driveway a lot. Just hope it'll start drying out for my loggers.

Can usually mow my front ditches but may have a job for those loggers...
Rick

Postby Ericdc » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:13 pm

DComeaux wrote:He we go boys. Gadwall are strong. Hope they come visit us. I also like the bluewing numbers.

Duck Numbers Remain High
Most populations are above long-term averages; pintails and scaup are still a concern
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) today released its report on 2017 Trends in Duck Breeding Populations, based on surveys conducted in May and early June by FWS and the Canadian Wildlife Service. Overall duck numbers in the survey area remain high. Total populations were estimated at 47.3 million breeding ducks in the traditional survey area, which is similar to last year’s estimate of 48.4 million and is 34 percent above the 1955-2016 long-term average. The projected mallard fall flight index is 12.9 million birds, similar to the 2016 estimate of 13.5 million.

http://www.ducks.org/conservation/waterfowl-surveys/2017/duck-numbers

2017-chart.jpg

Not to be a pessimist, but a realist, I was talking to Larry Reynolds today and he said the pond counts are kinda misleading. Apparently a big rain event happened before the survey but it has dried up considerably since.

Ericdc

Postby DComeaux » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:52 pm

I've kind of grown numb to the reports over time. We'll get what we get and there's nothing we can do about it. We'll just have to wait and see it unfold.
DComeaux

Postby Ericdc » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:54 pm

DComeaux wrote:I've kind of grown numb to the reports over time. We'll get what we get and there's nothing we can do about it. We'll just have to wait and see it unfold.

I agree. Weather weather weather

Ericdc

Postby Rick » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:54 am

DComeaux wrote:We'll get what we get and there's nothing we can do about it. We'll just have to wait and see it unfold.

There it is.
Rick

Postby Darren » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:55 am

I'd also figure, though, that it's not all that uncommon for that area to be dry right now, so long as it seasonally recharges following winter snow melt. It's not about the August/end of summer pond counts to make ducks; all the yellows, oranges and even reds are a bit alarming nonetheless
Darren

Postby Ericdc » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:58 am

Darren wrote:I'd also figure, though, that it's not all that uncommon for that area to be dry right now, so long as it seasonally recharges following winter snow melt. It's not about the August/end of summer pond counts to make ducks; all the yellows, oranges and even reds are a bit alarming nonetheless

Yea according to the drought monitor it was wet up until may but it started drying out pretty bad by June.

Ericdc

Postby aunt betty » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:26 am

Must be the Obama drought map where there are 53 states.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby Ericdc » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:43 pm

Marsh Bear wrote:DC - Lake Charles weather shows computer models predicting 23" of rain in Cameron by next Wednesday - not good

I'm going to bet the under.

Ericdc

Postby DComeaux » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:00 pm

Ericdc wrote:
Marsh Bear wrote:DC - Lake Charles weather shows computer models predicting 23" of rain in Cameron by next Wednesday - not good

I'm going to bet the under.

I hope you're right Eric, if not, there goes teal season. I'm watching this closely and may have to go get my trailer out of there. This really sucks. Just think of the poor people in the bullseye.
DComeaux

Postby aunt betty » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:21 pm

Being pruny for a week sucks and it appears that y'all gonna be pruny for a while. Sorry and wish that it gets downgraded to "not so bad" or whatever. Has to suck working on pits and blinds then worrying about them for two weeks.
aunt betty

Postby DComeaux » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:01 pm

I'll be heading down to the marsh tomorrow evening to grab the RV and put the furniture and appliances up off the floor. We'll bug out on Saturday morning.

I'm having an RV wash and wax party at my house Sunday....Y'all are invited.
DComeaux

Postby Ericdc » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:03 pm

DComeaux wrote:I'll be heading down to the marsh tomorrow evening to grab the RV and put the furniture and appliances up off the floor. We'll bug out on Saturday morning.

Won't be seeing you in gueydan Sunday?

Ericdc

Postby DComeaux » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:05 pm

Ericdc wrote:
DComeaux wrote:I'll be heading down to the marsh tomorrow evening to grab the RV and put the furniture and appliances up off the floor. We'll bug out on Saturday morning.

I doubt it. I may take care of a few things around the house in case the rain or storm heads this way.
DComeaux

Postby Ericdc » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:18 pm

DComeaux wrote:
Ericdc wrote:

I doubt it. I may take care of a few things around the house in case the rain or storm heads this way.

Yea I'm planning to shoot in a sporting clays shoot Saturday morning at dry creek ranch, and going to festival Sunday morning but it's all weather dependent now.

Ericdc

Postby DComeaux » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:41 am

I'm beginning to hate the name Harvey...... The heavy bands of rain look like they'll be training over us for a while. I hope I can get home this evening.
DComeaux

Postby aunt betty » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:18 am

For half the summer y'all had me convinced that coastal living is da bomb. You mean it's not all that great today?
aunt betty

PreviousNext

Return to DComeaux 2017-2018