Springtime Bass

Springtime Bass

Postby Deltaman » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:46 am

Took off this past Monday and Tuesday, and was able to fish 4 days straight. Conditions are just getting right for bass, and with a cold front due through this weekend, was glad I did. Had four great days of fishing with family and friends, and caught enough to cull most days. Pic of my stepson with some of the fish we caught Sunday.

Last year when I posted pics of Spring bass, a couple of members showed disdain for me keeping them to eat :shock: . Kinda got under my skin when I read replies like "you are an ass if you keep a bass" and shit like that, and the more I thought about it, the more it pissed me off.......so if you are seeing this and feeling this way........fuck ya :lol: that is the reason we have limits!
Anyway, had four great days of fishing with family and friends, and will be frying fish for a gang of folks at my house tonight. Most fish caught over the grass on Spinner baits (Bruiser and Professor colored Snagless Sallies), and also caught a few healthy Redfish in some of the same areas. Weather could not have been better, with 3 of the 4 days full of sunshine, and afternoons blowing South winds 15-20 mph. Upgraded to a bigger boat last year so I don't have to use my little 13' duck boat, and the ride headlong into the South wind coming back to the dock is a helluva a lot smoover :thumbsup:
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Re: Springtime Bass

Postby Goldfish » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:21 am

Up here it wouldn't matter if it's spring time or not, the bass guys will scoff at you for keeping one regardless.

Nice job
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Re: Springtime Bass

Postby aunt betty » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:33 am

There's a nice little lake that has a lot of bass like that. Fun as heck to catch them but we tossem back.
The lake gets to be solid weeds so we hit it early and fish the shoreline from a boat before the weeds fill in.
For some reason the fish will not bite a lure being towed to shore but from a boat they hammer the same exact lure.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Return to Fishing Forum