Thinking about a new boat

Duck boats and duck boat blinds!

Thinking about a new boat

Postby Willie » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:47 pm

Want a19-21' something to use for inshore/nearshore fishing, maybe use to hunt in sound in eastern nc, and something to take my girls out on the lake and river. Thinking may craft, Carolina skiff, or privateer. Have also considered a riddick bay or bay rider.
My dad has a 21' Carolina skiff, the dlv elite. It's a damn nice boat for the family and for inshore/nearshore. Too nice to use for hunting probably.
I'd prefer the vee of the may craft or privateer, and they can get shallow for fishing and hunting in the creeks and marshes.
Anybody have thoughts/opinions on the mat raft or privateer?
Willie

Re: Thinking about a new boat

Postby grizz18 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:42 am

What about the Jones Brothers DU edition? Pretty smooth ridding for the flat bottom boats. I've heard great things about the Riddick bays, but they're pretty damn nice...I'd be a puss about hunting it. haha
grizz18

Postby Willie » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:40 pm

Jones bros is probably more than I want to spend. The riddick bay runner and the bay riders are nice boats. We fished one in that Hobucken tournament a few weeks ago.
Willie

Postby Willie » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:22 pm

grizz18 wrote:What about the Jones Brothers DU edition? Pretty smooth ridding for the flat bottom boats. I've heard great things about the Riddick bays, but they're pretty damn nice...I'd be a puss about hunting it. haha

Yeah that JB on Craigslist is more than I want to spend.
Willie

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum