Duck boats and duck boat blinds!

Re: The one think you MUST have

Postby jehler » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:06 pm

Hey Dan, you ever forget your gun?
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby banknote » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:52 pm

If I leave any packing at all to the morning of the hunt, I am guaranteed to leave something behind (so far waders once, which I remembered 2 miles from home, and my calls, which sucked.) Besides what's just left in the rig all season (dekes, cart, raft, oars, PFD,) I pile waders, blind bag (with ammo, calls, etc.) dry bag of clothes, and gun by the front door the night before. Lunch in a bag in the fridge. Then I drift in and out of sleep all night, sure I must have forgotten something, and wishing the damn alarm would just go off.

I guess the only thing that would guarantee to send me straight home, no hunt, would be forgetting license/stamps. I do get checked.

And I always a carry a compass and multiple fire starters. Flint/magnesium stick, waxed matches with small candle, and a lighter.
banknote

Postby Bootlipkiller » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:31 pm

JGUN wrote:
Bootlipkiller wrote:I got half way to the blind one morning this year and realized I forgot my gun. Not a good way to start the day.

Must be a cop thing.:lol:

Lol :)
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby aunt betty » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:14 am

If it can be forgotten, I probably have done it once at least. Ask ANYONE who has ever hunted with me.
Do fine up until I have to deal with an OP problem, get distracted, forget to take care of my own stuff, and forget something. Am just too danged 'helpful'. I get distracted when someone tries to help as well.
I guess the thing I must have, is less distractions. :lol:

On the subject of boat gas: Once I knocked the fuel line off with my wader boot when I was takin a pizz off the back of the boat. When we went to leave I ran the battery down trying to start it. Got towed and was 1/4 of the way back when I saw the hose dangling. DOH!
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Previous

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum