Duck rigs

Duck boats and duck boat blinds!

Re: Duck rigs

Postby Deltaman » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:44 am

Olly wrote:Here's my Chuck Huff sneak boat that I got at the end of last years duck season but never really got to use. Just picked up that 7.5 merc to power it. Won't scream but it should be a fun little boat.

20160901_181445.jpg

Looking good Olly, and love that low profile!!!!!
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Postby Olly » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:56 am

Deltaman wrote:
Olly wrote:Here's my Chuck Huff sneak boat that I got at the end of last years duck season but never really got to use. Just picked up that 7.5 merc to power it. Won't scream but it should be a fun little boat.

20160901_181445.jpg

Looking good Olly, and love that low profile!!!!!

I can't wait to try out some traditional sneak boat tactics.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Rick » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:53 am

Olly wrote:Won't scream but it should be a fun little boat.

I'd think not screaming in a sneak boat a good thing. Hope hunting her is as slick as I'd imagine.
Rick

Postby Olly » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:50 pm

Rick wrote:

I'd think not screaming in a sneak boat a good thing. Hope hunting her is as slick as I'd imagine.

Yea so I got the boat out on the water the other day and I got up to 17mph in it. So I'm very happy.

And yea I hope it's awesome, I've been reading everything I can find on how to do hunting on open water from a sneak boat but they are a very localized type of rig that was born in the NE. Specifically the New England area. I don't really have anyone to learn from so I'm just going to take the basics and apply them the best I can for chasing the divers down here in Mobile.

20160902_143741.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” ― Samuel Adams
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby aunt betty » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:43 pm

Have a carsten pintail that's similar and you'll find out real quick how sitting on the bottom makes your ass sore.
I made a layout board with a hinge so I could prop myself up and lean back. Use it like a layout blind and you'll have a ton of fun.
There will be times where you just hide the boat and hunt in the reeds or whatever cover you got.
Have fun while you can because real soon you'll graduate back to something a little more old-man friendly.
You'll have some epic hunts in that rascal.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby Woody » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:28 pm

Olly wrote:
Rick wrote:

Yea so I got the boat out on the water the other day and I got up to 17mph in it. So I'm very happy.

And yea I hope it's awesome, I've been reading everything I can find on how to do hunting on open water from a sneak boat but they are a very localized type of rig that was born in the NE. Specifically the New England area. I don't really have anyone to learn from so I'm just going to take the basics and apply them the best I can for chasing the divers down here in Mobile.

20160902_143741.jpg

Picture that baby in UP... that'd be some real fun.
Have you ever wondered why your dick still looks brand new, but your face is starting to look like an aging pirate?
Woody

Postby Olly » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:33 am

Woody wrote:
Olly wrote:
Rick wrote:

20160902_143741.jpg

Picture that baby in UP... that'd be some real fun.

I wish I could happen this year. Just too much on my plate.
Olly
WFF Administrator

Postby Ajverret » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:50 pm

Not sure if I showed this new toy yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
" Quack Stackin "
16' Lake sport w/ 35GTR Stage 1
Ajverret

Postby aunt betty » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:42 am

Nice! There's a couple really big dudes at the Bo D'Arc boat launch you MIGHT want to avoid.

Bring it to Parnell and I'll show you the mud flat that you're wanting to play in. Get thru that flat and there's a freakin leprachan guarding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and holy shit he's got ducks. Where's the trolling motor? It's electric only up there. :clap:
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby Ajverret » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:13 pm

Trolling motor is in the works

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
" Quack Stackin "
16' Lake sport w/ 35GTR Stage 1
Ajverret

Postby Throbbin Rods » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:57 am

1974 Mirrocraft 16' Laker. Stripped out the foward and center tank seats. Replaced the transom. Installed new flat floor. Put a 50 hp Johnson on it. I had a Mud buddy Fast Grass blind from my 14 footer so I lengthened that. Bedliner on the floor and on the rear cover I built to go over the U shaped tank seats. Mounted a 12 gallon gas tank in the U area. Put a remote control spot light up front. Made some rectangles out of pvc pipe and zip tied fast grass to them. I then used long zip ties and did a loose connection to the top of the blind frame. The panels cover most of the boat, leaving 3 small openings to watch what birds are doing. So far it has worked extremely well. Best one I have done yet.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell
Throbbin Rods
WFF Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Duck Boat & Mud Motor Forum