Preseason

Re: Preseason

Postby Ericdc » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:17 pm

At my field in Jones, we were able to keep it at 3" inches or so at least one 1 side of pit and birds loved it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ericdc

Postby BGkirk » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:02 pm

jrock75 wrote:Some how, some way I am going to get the water control on at least a couple of our fields to be able to guarantee just a couple of inches. Down here I think that is the key to keeping the green wings around.
I concur.

BGkirk

Postby Rick » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:39 am

There might just be a reason "puddle ducks" are called that, but specks love 'em, too.
Rick

Postby BGkirk » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:46 pm

I was South of Houston this weekend at a hunting/fishing club a friend is a member of. 1000 ac marsh with prime bass fishing. Ducks are just a bonus is the way I would put how they prioritize things.
Was neat to hear this sound early sat morning

https://youtube.com/shorts/jRIfGkf_414?feature=share

BGkirk

Postby Darren » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:19 am

jrock75 wrote:Some how, some way I am going to get the water control on at least a couple of our fields to be able to guarantee just a couple of inches. Down here I think that is the key to keeping the green wings around.

An adjacent blind at farm I hunt at sometimes is a big open cut with a killer island blind in middle. They seem to have the most consistent action with the green wings, even on slower mornings. Went over to see it one morning after a hunt last year and found it SUPER shallow end to end. Little ducks just eat up sheet water of any kind, and that's really all it was, barely a flood at all. As Rick said, specks tear it up too.
Darren

Postby Ricky Spanish » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:33 pm

If it's not cloudy look outside tonight.
DO WHAT I SAY!
Put 'Spooky' by the Atlanta rhythm section on and take your girl out and look at the moon.
Wooooo
Ricky Spanish

Postby BGkirk » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:56 pm

Found a good patch just off the road thurs to get blinds brushed. Hate doing it this late but it had to be done.
Cut until the front passed through and it didn’t rain a whole lot and made brushing and tidying up nice with the cool breeze to follow. Didn’t see but about 10 ducks but assume their around given the youth weekend prior had plenty to shoot at.
My hide for tomorrow. Didn’t notice til someone said it but I caught the double rainbow in the back ground.
Ready for tomorrow, good luck to all and to all a goodnight

BGkirk

Postby Darren » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:01 am

Lookin good, best of luck
Darren

Previous

Return to BGkirk 2021-2022