Bad Choice...

What duck call to get? Who makes their own calls? Ask here!

Moderator: Throbbin Rods

Re: Bad Choice...

Postby Redbeard » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:18 am

Rick wrote:

Maybe I'm just old (ok, I am old), but I hope it's a wake-up call for John, as I'm no fan of RNT's turn to the swag side. Can understand his wanting to put his on stamp on his company's calls, but a real RNT "Blackout" would have been understated, not garbaged up with flames. And I can't help but feel for Stahl having his hard work wrapped in designs that look like something out of a Jetson cartoon.
Haha Rick you may not realize it but ya made me laugh
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby jehler » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:23 am

I just ordered 10, gonna sell them to dh and reb in five years to pay for jr's college
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:39 pm

Rick wrote:

Maybe I'm just old (ok, I am old), but I hope it's a wake-up call for John, as I'm no fan of RNT's turn to the swag side. Can understand his wanting to put his on stamp on his company's calls, but a real RNT "Blackout" would have been understated, not garbaged up with flames. And I can't help but feel for Stahl having his hard work wrapped in designs that look like something out of a Jetson cartoon.

Honestly I hate the Blackout call. I only bought it so that I could sell it to some clowning dumbass down the road and make some money off it. The elaborate engraving on it pissed me off enough but this may have broken the camels back. About done with RNT for good. I'm really liking my new cutdowns anyway.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby 3legged_lab » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:48 pm

Who's the clown now?
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:51 pm

3legged_lab wrote:Who's the clown now?

This Guy. :oops:
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Rick » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:32 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:The elaborate engraving on it pissed me off enough but this may have broken the camels back. About done with RNT for good. I'm really liking my new cutdowns anyway.

I've an older Daisy Cutter that would be worth a lot more money if I hadn't asked them to leave it unengraved. Didn't want some silly duck scull on the barrel or scrolling ("John's pubes") on the insert. And having seen the call's namesake's work, I'd not have bought one at all on the grounds of believing it inane to associate one with the other, if I'd not been hooked by the old DC's tone. That's the bottom line for me: what a call can do and how that fits my needs and desires. If the devil built duck whistles, I'd probably want to try one, just to know, and put it to work if I found it did something I needed better that what I have.
Rick

Postby rebelp74 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:05 am

jehler wrote:I just ordered 10, gonna sell them to dh and reb in five years to pay for jr's college

It'll just be DH, I don't like the affliction shirt calls.
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:05 pm

rebelp74 wrote:
jehler wrote:I just ordered 10, gonna sell them to dh and reb in five years to pay for jr's college

It'll just be DH, I don't like the affliction shirt calls.

I'm not buying another one. Having one is bad enough. It hasn't seen the light of day since I got it in. Just sits in the box and will until I can sell it.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby aunt betty » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:44 pm

Buying duck calks as investments/collections. Kinda like collecting comic books is a fad. Wouldnt take it all too seriously but... If I were RnT I would be milking the call market with both hands and both feet.
I've heard that it's incredibly stupid to fuck around with a crazy man's head.
aunt betty

Postby TNAL45 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:35 pm

aunt betty wrote:Buying duck calks as investments/collections. Kinda like collecting comic books is a fad. Wouldnt take it all too seriously but... If I were RnT I would be milking the call market with both hands and both feet.

Aunt Betty must have some talented toes.
I refuse to play any sport that considers water a "hazard".
TNAL45

Postby 3legged_lab » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:37 pm

TNAL45 wrote:
aunt betty wrote:Buying duck calks as investments/collections. Kinda like collecting comic books is a fad. Wouldnt take it all too seriously but... If I were RnT I would be milking the call market with both hands and both feet.

Wait, who are you?
Bootlipkiller wrote: all the mallards I killed today had boners do to my epic calling.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby TNAL45 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:41 pm

3legged_lab wrote:
TNAL45 wrote:

Wait, who are you?

Just a stranger adrift at sea.
I check in from time to time in certain sub-forums. I've just been insanely busy after graduating and moving back home.
TNAL45

Postby AKPirate » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:43 pm

TNAL45 wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
TNAL45 wrote:

Wait, who are you?

I check in from time to time in certain sub-forums. I've just been insanely busy after graduating and moving back home.

CAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby TNAL45 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:54 pm

AKPirate wrote:
TNAL45 wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
TNAL45 wrote:

Wait, who are you?

CAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was starting to think you'd forgot me. Hadn't gotten any awesome emails in a while! :lol:

I'm really hoping things start slowing down for me. I laugh at your alls antics when I check in, but don't post for fear of getting way behind. You all added almost 800 pages to the 100,000 post thread since I looked at it last.
TNAL45

Postby AKPirate » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:57 pm

[/quote] CAM!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
I was starting to think you'd forgot me. Hadn't gotten any awesome emails in a while! :lol:

I'm really hoping things start slowing down for me. I laugh at your alls antics when I check in, but don't post for fear of getting way behind. You all added almost 800 pages to the 100,000 post thread since I looked at it last.[/quote]

I have been pretty quiet as well. I don't forget my bro's. Ask Red if you want to hunt in Cali in January, will be a blast.
YouTube Prostaffer
AKPirate
WFF Supporter

Postby 3legged_lab » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:00 pm

TNAL45 wrote:
3legged_lab wrote:
TNAL45 wrote:

Wait, who are you?

Good for you man. Get yourself established and you'll have time to relax a little.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Postby Redbeard » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:25 pm

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376504746.923939.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby Tomkat » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:32 pm

I will just keep my shitty old $80 ebay used RNT original that no one likes but me. Not collectable. Not one of the cool kids. But it sounds very ducky.

As for sell outs, blame the Robertsons.

Duckhammer, this should be a good lesson for you about fads.
Tomkat

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:51 pm

Tomkat wrote:I will just keep my shitty old $80 ebay used RNT original that no one likes but me. Not collectable. Not one of the cool kids. But it sounds very ducky.

I gave $80 for my Original. One of the best calls I have. I hardly ever buy new calls (I think I have bought 3 at full price) since most of the time you can get the same call off one of the classifieds for $50 less than what they sell for hardly used.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby jarbo03 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:17 pm

$80 is a rich mans call
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby duckdozer » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:41 pm

I tried out the new Buck Gardner Duck HAmmer this weekend at cabelas and I will be picking on up before season for sure. Super easy to run!
duckdozer

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:15 pm

duckdozer wrote:I tried out the new Buck Gardner Duck HAmmer this weekend at cabelas and I will be picking on up before season for sure. Super easy to run!

Join DU for $35 and they are free.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby rebelp74 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:38 am

Craig, cabelas has a blacked out warbird too.:roll:
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:34 pm

rebelp74 wrote:Craig, cabelas has a blacked out warbird too.:roll:

I saw that. It was at the sale price when they put it up. What a fucking joke.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby RonE » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:22 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:

Yea, I have just under $160 in mine. :( :( :(

Take it back and get a refund then go to Cabelas and get two of them. You kept the receipt didn't you?
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:48 am

RonE wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

Yea, I have just under $160 in mine. :( :( :(

Take it back and get a refund then go to Cabelas and get two of them. You kept the receipt didn't you?

No return policy on calls. Apparently it is a biohazard but every Tom, Dick, and Harry can blow them in the store and its ok.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby RonE » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:35 am

Take it back and get a refund then go to Cabelas and get two of them. You kept the receipt didn't you?[/quote]

No return policy on calls. Apparently it is a biohazard but every Tom, ****, and Harry can blow them in the store and its ok

Well then, take it to a local trophy shop and have them engrave 1 of 100 on it and put it up for sale on Ebay and all the hunting forums for $300
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end."
RonE

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:41 am

RonE wrote:Take it back and get a refund then go to Cabelas and get two of them. You kept the receipt didn't you?

No return policy on calls. Apparently it is a biohazard but every Tom, ****, and Harry can blow them in the store and its ok

Well then, take it to a local trophy shop and have them engrave 1 of 100 on it and put it up for sale on Ebay and all the hunting forums for $300[/quote]
RonE. You can go to the settings, and turn the word filter off. It will keep you from seeing stars in place of big boy words.
rebelp74 wrote:Yeah I have a yacht, suck it bitches!

Reinstate West Virginia!
Feelin' Fowl

Postby 3legged_lab » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:38 pm

RonE wrote:
Well then, take it to a local trophy shop and have them engrave 1 of 100 on it and put it up for sale on Ebay and all the hunting forums for $300

This is hilarious and a sound investment all in one.
3legged_lab
WFF Supporter

Previous

Return to Duck Call Forum