Hulls...

Hulls...

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:31 pm

Where the fuck do you get them from? I've looked at every reloading sight and almost everything is out of stock.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Re: Hulls...

Postby jehler » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:04 pm

I buy new cheddite or fiochi mainly
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby jehler » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:07 pm

And I never emailed you back did I? Sorry brotha, been real busy
I would try lbc's, multi metals from bpi and the TUWSBL32 from precision
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby NuffDaddy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:13 pm

No big deal. How much do hulls matter? A few recipes that I liked in status of steel called for Federal pb and federal fb hulls. They are nonexistent anywhere in 3".
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby jehler » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:46 am

NuffDaddy wrote:No big deal. How much do hulls matter? A few recipes that I liked in status of steel called for Federal pb and federal fb hulls. They are nonexistent anywhere in 3".
you can't swap fed paper base hulls, they are different from most, there are some recipes I like with then as well but I don't like the hull, to wet where we hunt, the paper base gets wet, holds moisture, deforms and can come loose, no good for a second loading
FREE THE QUOTE STREAM!
jehler

Postby Flightstopper » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:40 am

NuffDaddy wrote:No big deal. How much do hulls matter? A few recipes that I liked in status of steel called for Federal pb and federal fb hulls. They are nonexistent anywhere in 3".

I think it's the status of steel manual that has good hull deceptions. I started last year and started with some federal gold medal 2 3/4 hulls ordered one fired from a guy online. Will get you his info. I ran a 1 1/8 load that Canon gave me and it has been an excellent load for me. Will have to look at my notes to make sure I tell you right haven't spent much time at my bench this far this year.
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Flightstopper » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:43 am

Just found this site where you can order only the ribbed gm's. I had problems with the smooth hulls buckling on me but for some reason not with the ribbed.
http://gunclubsgoinggreen.com/500-Qty-1 ... -hulls.htm
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby NuffDaddy » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:10 am

Thanks guys!!!
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby dog walker » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:15 pm

You can look on gun broker, they have a lot of hulls there. Pap Charlie's is also a good place for 2 3/4 once fired. Bob Kase in NY has many different once fired hulls and his pricing is very reasonable.

Take this for what it's worth, RSI told me I could swap the fed BC hulls in their recipes calling for the fed 3" plastic basewad. The BC hulls have more room than the regular fed paper basewads. This is another load I want to have pres tested.
dog walker

Postby Flightstopper » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:12 pm

dog walker wrote:You can look on gun broker, they have a lot of hulls there. Pap Charlie's is also a good place for 2 3/4 once fired. Bob Kase in NY has many different once fired hulls and his pricing is very reasonable.

Take this for what it's worth, RSI told me I could swap the fed BC hulls in their recipes calling for the fed 3" plastic basewad. The BC hulls have more room than the regular fed paper basewads. This is another load I want to have pres tested.

Pap Charlie is where I got my first batch of hulls from
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Return to Reloading & Shotshell Forum