Mojo Magnetic Pick Stick

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Mojo Magnetic Pick Stick

Postby Deltaman » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:20 pm

Bought one of these last year for dove and duck hunting, and love it! No more bending over to pick up shells in a dove blind, or trying to gather out of and around the duck blind. It will pick up 15+ at a time, and has a handle that will extend. No Mo So back from bending over to pick up spent hulls. Rick, I saw where you mentioned using a rare earth magnet for picking up hulls on another forum, and was wondering if it might be easier for you around the blind. I have used mine a lot, and everybody in the dove field that sees me using it, beg to borrow after the hunt. For retrieving shells in water around a duck blind, it is even better, and the water will not hurt it.

https://www.mojooutdoors.com/products/mojo-pick-stick
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Re: Mojo Magnetic Pick Stick

Postby Rick » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:34 pm

My home-hack job is indeed a "rare earth" (whatever that means) magnet on the end of a wooden broomstick that should float butt end up when I eventually drop it in the mudhole. Haven't tested that aspect of it yet, but am otherwise tickled. Grabs a lot more hulls at time than my previous home-hack magnets (have two).
Rick

Return to The Blind