Waterfowl Hunting Canada

Place for general and off topic Waterfowl talk.

Waterfowl Hunting Canada

Postby kkostival » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:11 pm

wan_20191014_A20_09 (1).pdf
I recently returned from my annual pilgrimage to the Duck Hunting Mecca of Saskatchewan. I have been making this trip annually for 20+ years and believe it is heaven on earth. This year an alarming incident happened where it is the age old adage of one bad apple ruins the bushel. Attached is an article published in the Wadena News, Wadena Saskatchewan. What I have experienced in my years of pursuing waterfowl and engaging in the waterfowl communities, is that buy in large there is no better group of individuals with common interest and feeling of responsibility to the preservation of our sport both in conversation and in representation. However, this particular incident displayed in this article greatly damages what so many of us strive to represent. I believe it our responsibility to act as ambassadors to our sport at all times, especially with shooting sporting, hunting and guns under the political pressures that they are. With this said, I am embarrassed by this article and prey that the damage is held to a minimum. For years there have been activities to eliminate freelance Waterfowl hunting in Saskatchewan which would mean Outfitter only hunting for American Hunters. I for one have invested 20 years of my life building life long friendships with the community that I hunt in and have gone as far as to purchase a house there for the sole purpose of hunting and being part of that community several weeks a year.

My purpose of bringing light to this incident is two fold, 1) we need to all remember that we have a responsibility to represent our Waterfowl Community and always act as positive Ambassadors to our beloved sport and 2) if you are the ones who have done this please take a few minutes and send an apology to the community of Wadena Saskatchewan (send an email to Andy Labdon, Wadena News, labdonandy@gmail.com) and if this community feels as I do please send Andy a quick note reinforcing our beliefs and that this does not represent most. Thank all of you who positively represent our sport, good hunting.
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
kkostival

Re: Waterfowl Hunting Canada

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:35 pm

No information, just download this attachment and open it up for your very first post :shock:

I think I'll pass on downloading and infecting my computer.
SpinnerMan

Return to The Blind