7.5s kill shit deader than hammer...

What scatter guns are you using?

Moderator: MOhuntingGuy

Re: 7.5s kill shit deader than hammer...

Postby Bootlipkiller » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:37 am

1s and BBs are good in high winds as jarbo said.
AKPirate wrote:The sins of Boot and Gaddy are causing the Cali drought and knowing they have no limits to their depravity... :mrgreen:
Bootlipkiller

Location: you stay classy Sutter County... Im Ron Burgandy???

Postby R. Chapman » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:58 am

#4s for ducks and BB for geese.
assateague wrote:Sometimes the quickest way to put out a fire is with an explosion.
R. Chapman

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:18 am

NuffDaddy wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
jehler wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:[quote="AKPirate"]John- This is what you posted when this discussion came up on DHC.

pm a guy on this site with the screen name toasty, he has written and sells a shotshell ballistics software, great source of info. I know that in a 40 knot wind my pattern of 2's with a 3' velocity of 1500 fps was pushed about 18"-2' off of poa

I noticed the same thing when I was shooting the board in my back yard. Was quite a surprise to me, and explains why I was missing a lot the few days this season with 30-50 MPH winds.
nuff, that load I have you with the lbc 43's, we load that in 1's and b's and always have them with us, in a high wind go bigger and choke it up to mod or IM and you'll have better luck

Thanks. I'll give that a try. Still have a box or 2 of 1s left over from early goose.

I go to 1s for ducks when it gets super windy. Used some #2s with RSI 88 last Sunday with good success in the wind also.

I've just been shooting 3s all season. I'll give the 1s a shot next time we get some wind.[/quote]

How do you feel about 2's for everything? Shooting BBs at geese is overcompensatinng and reflects you having a small weiner.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:23 am

That's what I do. 2's are the optimal duck and goose load.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby assateague » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:24 am

I've shot nothing but 2s for years and years. Those that say they don't work on geese just haven't shot them. Hell, a buddy went out last night to one of the goose fields we picked up and still had nothing but 4s leftover from ducking. Killed 3 canadas stone dead. Or deader than 3 hammers, I guess.
assateague

Postby NuffDaddy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:38 am

Eric Haynes wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:
NuffDaddy wrote:
jehler wrote:[quote="NuffDaddy"][quote="AKPirate"]John- This is what you posted when this discussion came up on DHC.

pm a guy on this site with the screen name toasty, he has written and sells a shotshell ballistics software, great source of info. I know that in a 40 knot wind my pattern of 2's with a 3' velocity of 1500 fps was pushed about 18"-2' off of poa

I noticed the same thing when I was shooting the board in my back yard. Was quite a surprise to me, and explains why I was missing a lot the few days this season with 30-50 MPH winds.
nuff, that load I have you with the lbc 43's, we load that in 1's and b's and always have them with us, in a high wind go bigger and choke it up to mod or IM and you'll have better luck

Thanks. I'll give that a try. Still have a box or 2 of 1s left over from early goose.

I go to 1s for ducks when it gets super windy. Used some #2s with RSI 88 last Sunday with good success in the wind also.

I've just been shooting 3s all season. I'll give the 1s a shot next time we get some wind.[/quote]

How do you feel about 2's for everything? Shooting BBs at geese is overcompensatinng and reflects you having a small weiner.[/quote]
I shoot 3s for everything. Killed 7 geese this duck season stone dead.
NuffDaddy
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Goldfish » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:00 pm

Comparing pheasants to grouse is like saying you can shoot up a cinder block because the load blew up a ceramic plate. Grouse will die if you sneeze at them.
My absolute favorite time of the day is from just before dawn, until just after. Most folks will spend their entire lives in bed sleeping through that magical hour - Mean Gene
Goldfish

Postby rebelp74 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:16 pm

Hey bitches... theory of medium
Reinstate TomKat

4-20MJ
rebelp74

Postby jarbo03 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:25 pm

rebelp74 wrote:Hey bitches... theory of medium

Boom! Beat me to it.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

Ducks: 57
Geese: 59
Pheasant: 4
Quail: 2
Prairie Chicken: 4
Dove: 168
jarbo03

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:02 pm

Theory of Medium would be mixing BBs and 4s to cover both. I could see Rex believing in that.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:04 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:

Theory of Medium would be mixing BBs and 4s to cover both. I could see Rex believing in that.

No that is exactly the opposite of the Theory. You pick the one that satisfies your primary goal and go with it.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:22 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

No that is exactly the opposite of the Theory. You pick the one that satisfies your primary goal and go with it.

Is the Theory of Medium not about how compromise always ends up leaving one side unsatisfied? If it is than my statement is true.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:30 pm

Actually, I'm pretty positive I'm right. Just doing one or the other to suit your needs doesn't fall under the Theory. If you are compromising, then ToM comes into play.

Assa can clarify.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

7.5s kill shit deader than hammer...

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:37 pm

Alright. I'm just gonna come out and say it.

My cock is 7" - hanging.
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:40 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

Is the Theory of Medium not about how compromise always ends up leaving one side unsatisfied? If it is than my statement is true.

That is exactly it, but compromise will leave both parties mildly unhappy about the outcome. So the Theory states that one party should get exactly what they want and come out completely satisfied. So you're wrong. Assa will be along shortly...

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby jarbo03 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:49 pm

DeadEye_Dan wrote:Alright. I'm just gonna come out and say it.

My cock is 7" - hanging.

Keep putting the weights on it, one of these days it'll grow
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby assateague » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:51 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:Actually, I'm pretty positive I'm right. Just doing one or the other to suit your needs doesn't fall under the Theory. If you are compromising, then ToM comes into play.

Assa can clarify.

You're right. 2s aren't a compromise- they do the job perfectly on both. If geese were flying off crippled because I didn't want to take two different shot sizes, then that's the ToM. Geese- dead. Ducks- dead. No compromise. Quite the contrary- #2 is the perfect load.
assateague

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:55 pm

assateague wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:Actually, I'm pretty positive I'm right. Just doing one or the other to suit your needs doesn't fall under the Theory. If you are compromising, then ToM comes into play.

Assa can clarify.

You're right. 2s aren't a compromise- they do the job perfectly on both. If geese were flying off crippled because I didn't want to take two different shot sizes, then that's the ToM. Geese- dead. Ducks- dead. No compromise. Quite the contrary- #2 is the perfect load.

Suck it DH:lol::lol:
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:04 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
assateague wrote:

Assa can clarify.

What the fuck just happened? I was on the 2 shot side this deal. This was your dumbass comment that got me arguing.

Eric Haynes wrote:

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:07 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
assateague wrote:

Assa can clarify.

What the fuck just happened? I was on the 2 shot side this deal. This was your dumbass comment that got me arguing.

Eric Haynes wrote:

But just using 2 shot isn't ToM like you said. I said you would have to mix two different loads for ToM to happen. I am right. Thank you.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:08 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
assateague wrote:

Assa can clarify.

Eric Haynes wrote:

But just using 2 shot isn't ToM like you said. I said you would have to mix two different loads for ToM to happen. I am right. Thank you.

And as Assa stated, using 2's is not ToM
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby jarbo03 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:08 pm

Have never seen 2s as the best load for geese
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:10 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
assateague wrote:

Assa can clarify.

Eric Haynes wrote:

Are you being serious right now? I would like to refer you to the part in blue above. The great statistical one clearly said that 2's were the perfect load according to the Theory.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:11 pm

jarbo03 wrote:Have never seen 2s as the best load for geese
Assa field hunts as do I. No need for BBs
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:13 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:
assateague wrote:
Eric Haynes"]Actually, I'm pretty positive I'm right. Just doing one or the other to suit your needs doesn't fall under the Theory. If you are compromising, then ToM comes into play.

Assa can clarify.

[quote="Eric Haynes wrote:

Are you being serious right now? I would like to refer you to the part in blue above. The great statistical one clearly said that 2's were the perfect load according to the Theory.[/quote]you don't know the theory than. ToM only comes to play if a compromise is being made.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:14 pm

Step down son.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:14 pm

I cant win today. I'm taking my ball and going somewhere else. :cry:

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby jarbo03 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:21 pm

Eric Haynes wrote:

I field hunted for many years before I got any water to hunt. I have killed tons of geese with #2s. Unless shooting smaller geese they serve no advantage over BB. Giant Canadas that have been hunted hard for 4-5 months, 2s are not optimal.
TAZ 2014-15 birds

jarbo03

Postby Eric Haynes » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:38 pm

jarbo03 wrote:
Eric Haynes wrote:

I field hunted for many years before I got any water to hunt. I have killed tons of geese with #2s. Unless shooting smaller geese they serve no advantage over BB. Giant Canadas that have been hunted hard for 4-5 months, 2s are not optimal.

99% of my shots are within 20 yards. We don't take shots any farther really.
Eric Haynes
WFF Supporter

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:54 pm

jarbo03 wrote:
DeadEye_Dan wrote:Alright. I'm just gonna come out and say it.

My cock is 7" - hanging.

Keep putting the weights on it, one of these days it'll grow

I got nothing
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to The Shotgun Forum