sbe 10 ga.

What scatter guns are you using?

Moderator: MOhuntingGuy

sbe 10 ga.

Postby plainsman » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:58 pm

Heard beeny is thinking about a revamped sbe 10ga, Would anybody be interested in such a beast? I can't see it being a viable option that would be a seller. Thoughts?
plainsman
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:22 am
Location: ricky's empty peanut patch

Re: sbe 10 ga.

Postby Darren » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:56 pm

I'm not one for it but could see others might.....snow geese still fly high !
User avatar
Darren
 
Posts: 4093
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:58 pm
Location: SE La Marsh

Re: sbe 10 ga.

Postby Rick » Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:52 pm

Senseless, as in where 10ga shells in a light platform would beat folks.
Rick
 
Posts: 11678
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:38 pm

Re: sbe 10 ga.

Postby Darren » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:33 pm

This discussion made me revisit a recent discussion I'd had with someone who was trying to convince me that a Remy SP-10 was a pump, and I'd sworn it to be an auto.

Yep, its still an auto.
User avatar
Darren
 
Posts: 4093
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:58 pm
Location: SE La Marsh

Re: sbe 10 ga.

Postby plainsman » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:00 pm

I just can't see an inertia 10ga selling well, especially with gas 3.5" 12 ga being easy to find :?: :?:
plainsman
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:22 am
Location: ricky's empty peanut patch

Re: sbe 10 ga.

Postby Anotherone » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:42 am

Maybe it’s built on the M4 platform?
Anotherone
 

Re: sbe 10 ga.

Postby Ricky Spanish » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:57 am

Anotherone wrote:Maybe it’s built on the M4 platform?

If I had a gun like that I'd name it.
Big Dick err Big Click I mean..
User avatar
Ricky Spanish
 
Posts: 4389
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:01 am

Re: sbe 10 ga.

Postby Darren » Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:53 am

plainsman wrote:I just can't see an inertia 10ga selling well, especially with gas 3.5" 12 ga being easy to find :?: :?:


Inertia 10g will bring the pop to your shoulder for sure, love my 12g inertia though.

Either way, needs to be on the heavier end.
User avatar
Darren
 
Posts: 4093
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:58 pm
Location: SE La Marsh

Re: sbe 10 ga.

Postby Ricky Spanish » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:18 am

Darren wrote:
plainsman wrote:I just can't see an inertia 10ga selling well, especially with gas 3.5" 12 ga being easy to find :?: :?:


Inertia 10g will bring the pop to your shoulder for sure, love my 12g inertia though.

Either way, needs to be on the heavier end.

Should be said that even if you are hulk-sized ... your eyes are still pretty fragile so maybe picking the biggest heaviest load you can stand shooting isn't the best idea.
I know at least three guys younger than me by 20 years that "used to shoot 10 gauges" because they were Canada goose hunting guides at that place I'm not allowed to mention
User avatar
Ricky Spanish
 
Posts: 4389
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:01 am

Re: sbe 10 ga.

Postby plainsman » Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:42 pm

Darren wrote:
plainsman wrote:I just can't see an inertia 10ga selling well, especially with gas 3.5" 12 ga being easy to find :?: :?:


Inertia 10g will bring the pop to your shoulder for sure, love my 12g inertia though.

Either way, needs to be on the heavier end.

Agree. I don't really notice the recoil of my 12ga inertia's though, I'm sure a 10ga would be a different story though :D
plainsman
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:22 am
Location: ricky's empty peanut patch

Re: sbe 10 ga.

Postby uncle Jed » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:20 pm

I can't see it being a seller, Hard recoil when it actually does fire. Not to mention, benny hasn't got the rep of a 10 gauge builder.
uncle Jed
 

Re: sbe 10 ga.

Postby Darren » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:08 am

uncle Jed wrote:I can't see it being a seller, Hard recoil when it actually does fire. Not to mention, benny hasn't got the rep of a 10 gauge builder.


Seems like there's a lot here.........concerns it wouldn't fire? How so?

Someone else is known as THE 10g company?

The trends are away from big gages toward the sub gages, as this year's SHOT show can attest. Lot of new offerings in 20's and 28's to leverage the shotshell improvements out of < 12g guns, plus smaller gage guns are cheaper to shoot due to our ongoing ammo supply debacle.
User avatar
Darren
 
Posts: 4093
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:58 pm
Location: SE La Marsh

Re: sbe 10 ga.

Postby Ricky Spanish » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:58 pm

Darren wrote:
uncle Jed wrote:I can't see it being a seller, Hard recoil when it actually does fire. Not to mention, benny hasn't got the rep of a 10 gauge builder.




Someone else is known as THE 10g company? .
Remington or Browning?
User avatar
Ricky Spanish
 
Posts: 4389
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:01 am

Re: sbe 10 ga.

Postby Ricky Spanish » Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:24 pm

Got in touch with my 10 gauge friend.
In response to mentioning an sbe10 the reply was "an inertia 10-gauge?".
Sounds painful and you need an armored car to haul the money to buy ammo for it.

Hehe...
User avatar
Ricky Spanish
 
Posts: 4389
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:01 am

Re: sbe 10 ga.

Postby plainsman » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:50 pm

Darren wrote:
uncle Jed wrote:I can't see it being a seller, Hard recoil when it actually does fire. Not to mention, benny hasn't got the rep of a 10 gauge builder.


Seems like there's a lot here.........concerns it wouldn't fire? How so?

Someone else is known as THE 10g company?

The trends are away from big gages toward the sub gages, as this year's SHOT show can attest. Lot of new offerings in 20's and 28's to leverage the shotshell improvements out of < 12g guns, plus smaller gage guns are cheaper to shoot due to our ongoing ammo supply debacle.

Benelli click?
plainsman
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:22 am
Location: ricky's empty peanut patch

Re: sbe 10 ga.

Postby Rick » Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:27 am

Being almost invariably human error and no "click" at all, "Benelli click" could hardly be more of a misnomer. Most recent example I've seen was with a Browning A5.
Rick
 
Posts: 11678
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:38 pm

Re: sbe 10 ga.

Postby Ricky Spanish » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:43 am

Rick wrote:Being almost invariably human error and no "click" at all, "Benelli click" could hardly be more of a misnomer. Most recent example I've seen was with a Browning A5.

When I caught this guy from North Dakota bragging about his sbe ....and then I looked closer...he was floating a 4th so I had Jarod and Phil distract him while I set his gun up to go click.
:lol: It's not hard to do.
Haw haw
User avatar
Ricky Spanish
 
Posts: 4389
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:01 am

Re: sbe 10 ga.

Postby Rick » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:18 am

Ricky Spanish wrote:When I caught this guy from North Dakota bragging about his sbe ....and then I looked closer...he was floating a 4th so I had Jarod and Phil distract him while I set his gun up to go click.
:lol: It's not hard to do.
Haw haw


Right up there with flipping an A5's cut-off, I suppose...
Rick
 
Posts: 11678
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:38 pm

Re: sbe 10 ga.

Postby Ricky Spanish » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:28 am

Rick wrote:
Ricky Spanish wrote:When I caught this guy from North Dakota bragging about his sbe ....and then I looked closer...he was floating a 4th so I had Jarod and Phil distract him while I set his gun up to go click.
:lol: It's not hard to do.
Haw haw


Right up there with flipping an A5's cut-off, I suppose...

I suspect it's even easier on my 390.
This FACT is why you don't let Jimmy or plainsman or aunt fucking Betty touch your firearms EVER.
:lol:
And just like that...hehe.
Wham.

Hey...a teaching moment.
I think this gadget does something and I'm not sure what or why. Teach me why this GD thing exists.
I think it's some kind of safety device. No clue at all.
See I don't know it all or even close.
16761151678505646084263835656937.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
User avatar
Ricky Spanish
 
Posts: 4389
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:01 am

Re: sbe 10 ga.

Postby Rick » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:05 am

You're repeating yourself, that's a nine year old question.
Rick
 
Posts: 11678
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:38 pm

Re: sbe 10 ga.

Postby Ricky Spanish » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:49 am

Rick wrote:You're repeating yourself, that's a nine year old question.

Time flies.
It is forgettable when you're not into them shooting games and proper pretend-hunting etiquette.
Probably filed it under law tee dah and that's that.
I never use that thing but it has a purpose.
Some kind of eye-talian feature or somethin.
Dang it rick...
The reason it's there is so you can screw yourself up by changing rounds because a you heard a honker.
You swap one though...seems dumb.
I don't switch around and shoot twos at everything mostly. Less confusing.
Screenshot_20230211_075928_Chrome.jpg

I really did forget what the hell it is for. :beer:
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
User avatar
Ricky Spanish
 
Posts: 4389
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:01 am

Re: sbe 10 ga.

Postby Rick » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:28 am

Only complete doyos swap shells when something bigger or smaller starts working. Annoys the pee out of me.
Rick
 
Posts: 11678
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:38 pm

Re: sbe 10 ga.

Postby Ricky Spanish » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:54 am

Rick wrote:Only complete doyos swap shells when something bigger or smaller starts working. Annoys the pee out of me.

I used to do it way back.
When interchangeable chokes came out I was a mess.
Didn't matter the shot was so bad.
I don't think most realize how good we have it compared to 30 or 35 years ago.

Our shot is spherical and fairly uniform, great powder, and primers. I'm happy with what I use.
User avatar
Ricky Spanish
 
Posts: 4389
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:01 am

Re: sbe 10 ga.

Postby plainsman » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:00 am

Rick wrote:Being almost invariably human error and no "click" at all, "Benelli click" could hardly be more of a misnomer. Most recent example I've seen was with a Browning A5.

seen it many times while shooting clays, the click is real. As is poi high and left. These are very well documented issues.
plainsman
 
Posts: 515
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:22 am
Location: ricky's empty peanut patch

Re: sbe 10 ga.

Postby Rick » Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:25 am

plainsman wrote:seen it many times while shooting clays, the click is real. As is poi high and left. These are very well documented issues.


Can't speak to the newer SBEs from personal experience, but my HK import patterned the European standard 60/40 which never proved a detriment on our North American birds.

Have plenty of experience with the "click" in my blinds and fields - almost invariably in the hands of cautious souls who prevent the rotating bolt face from doing its job by manually easing the bolt home when chambering rounds or peeking to insure they've a round chambered, but occasionally solved by a shot of oil on dry, gritty bolt rails.

My own have always been the result of piss poor maintenance:
P1000743a.jpg


P1000749a.jpg


P1000734a.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Rick
 
Posts: 11678
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:38 pm

Re: sbe 10 ga.

Postby Ricky Spanish » Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:42 am

Get an air compressor man.
As soon as I have sticks or grass in there I'm doing some cleaning. Soak it in formula 409 and blow the heck out of it
Gross...it's like my garage. :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Ricky Spanish
 
Posts: 4389
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:01 am

Re: sbe 10 ga.

Postby Rick » Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:47 pm

Have and use an air compressor: blow out everything that will, douche with non chlorinated brake cleaner and blow out again, oil with Hornady's One Shot and blow out the excess. Just don't need to do it often, so don't.
Rick
 
Posts: 11678
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:38 pm

Re: sbe 10 ga.

Postby Ricky Spanish » Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:54 pm

Rick wrote:Have and use an air compressor: blow out everything that will, douche with non chlorinated brake cleaner and blow out again, oil with Hornady's One Shot and blow out the excess. Just don't need to do it often, so don't.

The reason mine stays so damn clean is the floating gun case I think. (Plus not shooting much)
I tried no casing it one season and it's just not good. Dog walks all over everything.
I'll kill lots of mallard ducks next year.
I doubt it can get much worse before it gets better again.
Won't need a ten gauge.
Did we ever?
User avatar
Ricky Spanish
 
Posts: 4389
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:01 am

Re: sbe 10 ga.

Postby Rick » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:50 pm

Ricky Spanish wrote:The reason mine stays so damn clean is the floating gun case I think. (Plus not shooting much)
I tried no casing it one season and it's just not good. Dog walks all over everything.


2011-2012hunting004-5a.jpg


Damn dogs:
2011-2012hunting011-1a.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
Rick
 
Posts: 11678
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:38 pm

Re: sbe 10 ga.

Postby Ricky Spanish » Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:51 pm

I put myself at a disadvantage but set at opposite end of blind. Yankeegray says millet will learn steady after another season or two maybe.
Until then he's tied on a quick release strap.
It's different. I wish I'd had the strap two dogs ago.
User avatar
Ricky Spanish
 
Posts: 4389
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:01 am

Next

Return to The Shotgun Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests