choke constriction

What scatter guns are you using?

Moderator: MOhuntingGuy

choke constriction

Postby uncle Jed » Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:31 pm

Not talking about full, med, or imp classes, what is your preferred choke constriction and at what distance?
uncle Jed
 

Re: choke constriction

Postby Rick » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:36 am

"Some like to see how far they can hit them, others like to see how close they can get them. I'm an other." Don't know that he's really its author, but have seen John Stephens credited with that line, and I'm with he or whomever.

Never felt need or desire to learn the first thing about choke constriction beyond what's stamped on a gun or its factory choke tubes, and my preference leans to the open end of that simple scale.
Rick
 
Posts: 11678
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:38 pm

Re: choke constriction

Postby Ricky Spanish » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:49 am

Just start a thread and ask the experts.
They'll have you shooting IC.
For years I was murder on the ducks then I let the internet convince me to change from one to another.
Why ask? All it does is to open up your mind to us dicks and we sure as hell aint experts.
Ask mister Fox.
User avatar
Ricky Spanish
 
Posts: 4389
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:01 am

Re: choke constriction

Postby uncle Jed » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:08 pm

Ricky Spanish wrote:Just start a thread and ask the experts.
They'll have you shooting IC.
For years I was murder on the ducks then I let the internet convince me to change from one to another.
Why ask? All it does is to open up your mind to us dicks and we sure as hell aint experts.
Ask mister Fox.

it doesn't appear as advice was being asked :lol:
uncle Jed
 

Re: choke constriction

Postby Ricky Spanish » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:39 am

This has been covered before but the experts back then were about as expert then as they are now and it turned into a pissing contest.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7534
Check the refuge I bet they have 4 choke threads minimum. Then go check dhc.
Read it all and tell us what you find on this topic.
It's an interesting topic but again it's full of ads for wad stopping technology.

Always blow your wad it feels good and she likes it.
User avatar
Ricky Spanish
 
Posts: 4389
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:01 am

Re: choke constriction

Postby uncle Jed » Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:28 am

Ricky Spanish wrote:This has been covered before but the experts back then were about as expert then as they are now and it turned into a pissing contest.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7534
Check the refuge I bet they have 4 choke threads minimum. Then go check dhc.
Read it all and tell us what you find on this topic.
It's an interesting topic but again it's full of ads for wad stopping technology.

Always blow your wad it feels good and she likes it.

read slower
uncle Jed
 

Re: choke constriction

Postby Ricky Spanish » Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:48 am

Let's see your gun, choke, ammo and pics of the pattern.
Isn't that what proves your expertise and how you spent the time trying all chokes and different ammo to find the very best and brag about it here to gain some credibility?
Impress us with a few pictures they can be cut and pasted from the other choke threads.
My pattern is pretty bad I missed the whole duck.
Needs work.
16814729030534748812080528309107.jpg
YOU MUST REGISTER TO VIEW THIS IMAGE.
User avatar
Ricky Spanish
 
Posts: 4389
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:01 am

Re: choke constriction

Postby uncle Jed » Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:51 am

Ricky Spanish wrote:Let's see your gun, choke, ammo and pics of the pattern.
Isn't that what proves your expertise and how you spent the time trying all chokes and different ammo to find the very best and brag about it here to gain some credibility?
Impress us with a few pictures they can be cut and pasted from the other choke threads.
My pattern is pretty bad I missed the whole duck.
Needs work.
16814729030534748812080528309107.jpg

slower
uncle Jed
 

Re: choke constriction

Postby Ricky Spanish » Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:54 am

See: ignore thread

You're not trying hard enough.
I'm just pulling your chain and not reading the replies.
Try harder.
;)
User avatar
Ricky Spanish
 
Posts: 4389
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:01 am

Re: choke constriction

Postby uncle Jed » Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:58 am

Ricky Spanish wrote:See: ignore thread

You're not trying hard enough.
I'm just pulling your chain and not reading the replies.
Try harder.
;)

thanks for proving it's beyond your comprehension :thumbsup:
uncle Jed
 

Re: choke constriction

Postby Ricky Spanish » Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:14 am

Probably should clean the gun or somethin.
This is personal jed you're not going to just shake the mud off and climb in the truck. Nope.
You ride in the back in the rain.
User avatar
Ricky Spanish
 
Posts: 4389
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:01 am

Re: choke constriction

Postby uncle Jed » Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:38 pm

Ricky Spanish wrote:Probably should clean the gun or somethin.
This is personal jed you're not going to just shake the mud off and climb in the truck. Nope.
You ride in the back in the rain.

Awe, you poor chicken lump...do you need more tissues? Since nobody cares what you babble about :lol:
uncle Jed
 

Re: choke constriction

Postby Ricky Spanish » Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:51 pm

If you go to the refuge there's a 6 page thread on this topic started by Kevin Boroughs.
Something about a good video.
Don't go away mad just go.
:lol:
User avatar
Ricky Spanish
 
Posts: 4389
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:01 am

Re: choke constriction

Postby uncle Jed » Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:54 pm

Ricky Spanish wrote:If you go to the refuge there's a 6 page thread on this topic started by Kevin Boroughs.
Something about a good video.
Don't go away mad just go.
:lol:

Again read slower, advice was not asked for....keep spinning that prop on your hat, eventually you might take off :lol:
uncle Jed
 


Return to The Shotgun Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests