Pistol Porker

Small Game, Predator, & Trapping Forum!!!

Pistol Porker

Postby Deltaman » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:21 am

Was fishing in the delta yesterday with Jenny, when we heard some rustling in the canes. Figured it was a coon or nutria, but as it got closer, could hear it breathing, and knew it was a pig. Slipped my .357 out of the dry bag and waited (Had pulled out of the driveway earlier before realizing that I did not have my compass, and it was foggy as hell, so I made a U-turn and went back to get it, and grabbed my .357 as an after thought.) Sure enough, it worked it's way to a clearing where I could see it along the bank, and never even knew we were there. Dropped it with one shot to the head at 25 yds, and he dropped like a rock. Was thinking just how easy this one was to kill when it started kicking.........harder and harder, and pushed itself out into the river before we could get the boat untied and over to it. Dammit man, did not want to lose it, and spent the next 10-15 minutes poking my stake pole and push pole along the river bank in 6-7' of water. Was about to give up when I finally located it resting on the bottom........sinking bastages!!!! Stuck my stake pole in the bottom next to it and started to fashion a hook on a pole to try and pull the porker off the bottom so I could put it into the boat. About the time I had the hook tied onto a pole, the damn thing floated right up to the surface, and I slid it into the boat. Perfect eating size..........50 sow :thumbsup:

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure, that just ain't so"
Mark Twain
Deltaman

Re: Pistol Porker

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:51 pm

That'll be some good eating. We've been trying to trap some since deer season started. They've figured out how that trap works!
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt

Olly wrote: We're still the bastard pirates of the duck forum world.

WFF Prostaff
The Duck Hammer

Postby DeadEye_Dan » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:54 pm

Nice
Cover your ears, Darlin'
DeadEye_Dan
WFF Supporter

Postby Rick » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:25 am

Sweet windfall.
Rick