Chesapeake Pups CH MH WDQ** X HRCH

Everything Duck Dogs!

Chesapeake Pups CH MH WDQ** X HRCH

Postby Matt Duncan » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:10 pm

CH PORT SIDE’S GREAT XPECTATIONS MH WDQ** X HRCH WALKERS PUDDLE JUMPIN KODA
PUPPIES DUE NOVEMBER 18
CH Port Side's Great Xpectations MH WDQ** known as LEFTY.
This dog is agile, very pleasant, easy going, an excellent marker and determined in the field. Lefty lives to play with balls and enjoys human company. Gets along well with other dogs, children, and people. Lefty is brown with a white sliver on his chest. Lefty earned his Bench championship in March 2012, his Master hunter title in April 2012, and he has earned two Judges Award of Merit in the Qualifying stake at Field trials. Lefty has great attention when doing obedience work. Lefty's sire is DUAL & AFC Bertram's Blazing Firewater MH. Lefty's dam is Chesarab's Escapade Port Side MH CD WDQ who at ten years old is still fired up and ready to go. Lefty's offspring are young; out of the two litters he has sired one litter has a bitch that earned her UKC Championship and the other litter has a bitch that won a JR puppy stake.
Lefty's health Clearances are. Hips:CB-9405E25M-VPI (Excellent), Elbows:CB-EL1593M25-VPI, Eyes:CB-5930/12-52*, PRA:CB-PRA29/23M-VPI (Clear), DM:CB-DM28/8M-VPI (Clear), EIC:CB-EIC53/2M-VPI (Clear), Cardiac:CB-CA151/50M/C-VPI, Thyroid:CB-TH108/51M-VPI, Patellas:CB-PA19/25M/P-VPI, ED/SF-Clear, CHIC:63960

HRCH WALKERS PUDDLE JUMPIN KODA “KODA”
Koda is a larger brown female standing 25” at the withers and a healthy 78lbs. She has been nothing short of a joy to train as she has an excellent work ethic and is very eager to please. This girl has 2 speeds, stop and go! She is an excellent marking dog and run blinds with tons of enthusiasm. In the duck blind is where Koda shines the most. I also run HRC tests with Koda and she has a 100% pass rate from started through finished and received her Hunting Retriever Champion title a week after her third birthday. Training wise she has a ton of focus and handles pressure very well. She is an excellent family dog and great with young children.
Hips: CB-10047G37F-PI (Good), Elbows: CB-EL2026F37-PI (Normal), DM: CB-DM1459/37F-PI-CAR, CERF: CB-372418, EIC: D12-029133.
References are available.
For more information. call 317-534-7380 I would love to speak with you.

pedigree info- http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=4777

HRCH Walkers Puddle Jumpin Koda "Koda"
SHR Duncan's Haulin a Limit "Limit"
SHR Bourbon Bay's The Other Woman "Jolene"
Matt Duncan

Re: Chesapeake Pups CH MH WDQ** X HRCH

Postby Flightstopper » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:24 pm

You don't know how bad I want one of those brown dawgs. Two labs is plenty for now
AKPirate wrote:Jason is usually right but sometimes wrong
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Matt Duncan » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:29 pm

LOL. I've got two already and 3 when these little dudes hit the ground.. I never was good at knowing when to say enough is enough lol
Matt Duncan

Postby Flightstopper » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:45 pm

I want one bad. The wife likes labs temperament that snuggle with her on the couch all day. She's turned off by what most describe the breed characteristics by. She's never even seen one in person
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Ajverret » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:48 pm

would love to have another duck dog but dont have the time to train one to hunt. Im trying to find one already trained for a decent price but 4k is way more than i want to spend on a dog
" Quack Stackin "
16' Lake sport w/ 35GTR Stage 1
Ajverret

Postby Matt Duncan » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:32 pm

I am giving a discount to those that put the pup on a certain pro's truck whom has a very good reputation with chessies... just sayin :mrgreen:
Last edited by Matt Duncan on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Duncan

Postby Matt Duncan » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:43 pm

Flightstopper wrote:I want one bad. The wife likes labs temperament that snuggle with her on the couch all day. She's turned off by what most describe the breed characteristics by. She's never even seen one in person

Both of these dogs are family pets first and for most. Hell Koda learned how to run blinds with 2 kids hanging off her back lol and sleeps in the bed.. She's kind and friendly to everyone that walks through the door, but God help you if you aren't. Seems to me most folks that throw out the sterotypes have just had a bad experience or they heard it from someone else. I think the stubborn sterotype has a lot more to do with the trainer than the breed in most cases. Can't always train the program sometimes you just have to train the dog... There's not a more loyal dog out there than a properly socialized well trained chesapeake IMO. Nothing like shooting ducks with a double gun over a well trained chessie. Thats Hunting to me.
Matt Duncan

Postby Flightstopper » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:48 pm

That's spot on as far as I'm concerned. The big problem is that my wife holds many of the same traits as the chessie stereo type. The dog would probably long before give in and say the hell with it have it your way.
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby josh ward » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:49 am

This is a very nice breeding guys !! If you are thinking about one, I'd get on Matt's list asap, the spots are filling up QUICK.

Koda is pheonomial animal, it was my pleasure to do some of her initial training. She was a real joy to work with.
HRCH UH Crosspeakes Colonel Cooper HRC 500pt Club
Brandywine's Big nose Kate
Brandywine's Rough Rider
josh ward

Postby Matt Duncan » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:58 am

josh ward wrote:This is a very nice breeding guys !! If you are thinking about one, I'd get on Matt's list asap, the spots are filling up QUICK.

Koda is pheonomial animal, it was my pleasure to do some of her initial training. She was a real joy to work with.

Thanks for the kind words Josh!
Matt Duncan

Postby Redbeard » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:43 pm

I'm highly considering a chessie my next time around. Probably within the next 3 years or so. Been training with a guys chessie a lot lately. Great dog. A blast to work with
gila-river wrote:Great, now the cops want to install dishwashers to. Just do your job Red and stop encroaching on our rights to replace appliances. That is not the responsibility of police.:lol:
Redbeard

Postby hotrodtoad » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:18 pm

Redbeard wrote:I'm highly considering a chessie my next time around. Probably within the next 3 years or so. Been training with a guys chessie a lot lately. Great dog. A blast to work with

Chessies are great dogs. People say they're hard headed, which they are, but that's because they know they're smarter than you.
hotrodtoad

Postby Matt Duncan » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:42 pm

We had some issues with the breeding but long story short we flushed a lot of time, work and money down the drain and ended up losing the litter.. Looks like everything is squared away now and we are repeating this breeding late March when she come back in. Still taking names and putting together a list for those looking for a pup.
Matt Duncan

Postby Matt Duncan » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:38 pm

Biting our nails around here. We made the 10hr drive out to PA and Koda was bred 3 weeks ago. We got two live covers over the course of 3 days so fingers crossed! She's showing the signs of being with pup (morning sickness, appitte changes and clingy as hell) but we'll know for sure on Tuesday when we go for the ultrasound until then my hair will continue to grey and or fall out :o . Looking forward to having some little knappy dawgs around!
Matt Duncan

Postby assateague » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:51 am

I feel your pain. I've got to wait until May 10th for the ultrasound. I don't know how you guys do it more than once- stressful. Good luck, brother!
assateague

Postby Matt Duncan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:11 pm

Thanks! It is nerve racking at times but worth it. Good luck with your batch!
Matt Duncan

Postby Matt Duncan » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:07 pm

Pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound today. We have a few spots left for puppy deposits
Matt Duncan

Postby Willie » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:41 pm

Matt Duncan wrote:
Flightstopper wrote:I want one bad. The wife likes labs temperament that snuggle with her on the couch all day. She's turned off by what most describe the breed characteristics by. She's never even seen one in person

Both of these dogs are family pets first and for most. Hell Koda learned how to run blinds with 2 kids hanging off her back lol and sleeps in the bed.. She's kind and friendly to everyone that walks through the door, but God help you if you aren't. Seems to me most folks that throw out the sterotypes have just had a bad experience or they heard it from someone else. I think the stubborn sterotype has a lot more to do with the trainer than the breed in most cases. Can't always train the program sometimes you just have to train the dog... There's not a more loyal dog out there than a properly socialized well trained chesapeake IMO. Nothing like shooting ducks with a double gun over a well trained chessie. Thats Hunting to me.

We had one growing up and she was just as you describe. Extremely loyal, particularly to my mom, and very protective of us all.
She had a howl that she'd do daily while sitting on the front porch, day or night, didn't matter, and we have no idea what made her do it.
Great dog and would love to have one, but we're not quite ready yet.
Willie

Postby Flightstopper » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:36 am

Ready to see these pups!
Flightstopper
WFF Forum Moderator

Postby Matt Duncan » Fri May 03, 2013 7:29 pm

Flightstopper wrote:Ready to see these pups!

We're ready to get back to work! She is an animal that doesn't handle laying around very well she wants to train!
Matt Duncan

Return to Gun Dog Forum