Teal Season - 2026

Moderator: MARSH BEAR

Teal Season - 2026

Postby MARSH BEAR » Mon Sep 21, 2026 7:29 am

Date: Saturday, Sept 19, 2026

Hunters: Joey and I, no dog - saw too many alligators in the marsh on Friday

Weather: 71 degrees, light wind 0 - 5 mph from the NE

We went to our #3 blind, it is usually a good "teal blind", we have not used this blind for regular duck season for about 3 years. Did not see much early, at 7:00 we only had 3 ducks down all singles. After 7:00 we started seeing some flights of 5 - 10 teal, but not interested in our blind, but the 1s and 2s continued to pass thru the decoys. When we finally got a group of 10 to pass right over the blind we wiffed, other than that we shot well. All of our teal were dead when they hit the water, did not have to finish any off on the water.

Total: 12 Blue wing teal.

We had 3 blinds hunting today, with 2 hunters in each blind, all limited.
MARSH BEAR
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:31 am

Re: Teal Season - 2026

Postby MARSH BEAR » Mon Sep 21, 2026 7:39 am

Date: Sunday, Sept 20, 2026

Hunters: Joey and I

Weather: 77 degrees, wind 0 - 1 mph

We hunted our #10 blind today. Did not see anywhere near the number of teal today as yesterday. I mentioned how well Joey and I shot yesterday, well not so good today. I shot OK, not good but not bad, Joey was horrible. We should have gotten our limit if Joey would have shot just OK. We laughed about it, knowing it happens to all of us.

Total: 8 - Blue Wing Teal

The other 2 blinds, killed 5 and 2
MARSH BEAR
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:31 am

Re: Teal Season - 2026

Postby DComeaux » Mon Sep 21, 2026 9:33 am

Nice to see yall took a few.
User avatar
DComeaux
 
Posts: 4896
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:48 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Teal Season - 2026

Postby Rick » Mon Sep 21, 2026 12:00 pm

Take it the ankle held up.
Rick
 
Posts: 12641
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:38 pm

Re: Teal Season - 2026

Postby MARSH BEAR » Mon Sep 21, 2026 2:33 pm

The ankle was uncomfortable at times, but still better than staying home
MARSH BEAR
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:31 am

Re: Teal Season - 2026

Postby MARSH BEAR » Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:19 am

Date: Friday, Sept 25, 2026

Hunters: Jeff and I

Temp: 65 degrees, wind North 10 - 15 mph - chilly in just a short sleeve shirt

The skies were mostly empty, only had 1 teal come remotely close to the blind, Jeff took a hope and a prayer shot, but come up empty. I did not shoot today. Best weather morning so far, but no ducks. We heard very little shooting in the area.

Total: ZERO

One other blind hunted and they killed 5 - all in one group, the only time they shot.
MARSH BEAR
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:31 am

Re: Teal Season - 2026

Postby MARSH BEAR » Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:24 am

Date: Sept 26, 2026

Hunters: Jeff and I

Temp: 72 degrees wind ENE 10 mph, not as good as yesterday but not bad

Once again very few ducks. We had one opportunity to shoot, Jeff got 2, I shot only once and missed, and that was it. Again little to no shooting in the area.

Total: 2 - Blue wing teal
Two other blinds hunted and they got 2 teal each, with only 1 opportunity each.
MARSH BEAR
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:31 am

Re: Teal Season - 2026

Postby MARSH BEAR » Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:31 am

Date: Sept 27, 2026 - last day of early Teal Season, thank goodness its over

Hunters: Jeff and I

Temp: 77 degrees wind East 0 - 5 mph

Worst day yet, Jeff and I did not see a Teal. Three blinds hunted not a teal killed ay anyone. In all the years I have hunted this is the only 3 day hunt I did not kill a duck. Hoping and praying the regular ducks season is not this bad.
My ankle was very sore. This ankle thing may be what causes me to quit hunting - it is that bad

Total: Zero again
MARSH BEAR
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:31 am

Re: Teal Season - 2026

Postby Darren » Mon Sep 28, 2026 10:50 am

My own log says teal season productivity has no bearing on regular season productivity, hope its same for your area. Would assume so. I think we just largely missed on our window to get a push of birds, as most of the state struggled for second half of the season.

Always tricky to catch the right weeks with the teal season, even more so when we have just a single week to work with.
User avatar
Darren
 
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:58 pm
Location: SE La Marsh


Return to Marsh Bear 2026-2027

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests